Speaking Engagements

"Restoring the Restoration" 

 

Quotes about this book:

            “I have never read a book that has so easily broken down the Church history in any way that is so understandable, until I read this book. Packed full of useful information and history, Hurley’s book is a must read for any Christian’s spiritual journey with God.” - Tasha Page, author of We’re All Doing Our Best: Finding God’s Healing Grace and Truth Through Examination of Our Stories”

            “Congratulations on such a wide ranging, scholarly work. It is Impressive in its scope and even handed and fair to all sides.“ Gordon D. Venturella, Senior Pastor, Professor, retired (Independent Christian Churches)

            “Congratulations on your first book! it's an excellent work of not only the restoration movement but of church history in general. I found it very thorough and detail-oriented. it's a good overview of church history and anyone within the stone Campbell restoration movement would benefit from it.  Monique LeMaire / Overseer (Christ's Church Fellowship)

            “Author’s use of language and his interpretation of ideas are combined to make a fascinating read. His perspective conveys ideas I have always unconsciously thought about religion. It’s about time someone got back to the real meaning behind all the craziness that is now being taught. Well done!! I totally recommend taking the time to read this, no matter where you stand on this topic.” Crystal Brinkmann

            “Thank you for sharing this, Robert. It's clearly the product of passion and careful study. Congratulations on completing the book! I hope its publication ...  allows you to find a wider audience for your work.” Dr. Cliff Barbarick, Abilene Christian University, Chair, Department of Bible, Missions, and Ministry

 

 

Dear Reader,

            I have sent you this fact sheet to let you know that my book has been published on Amazon. It has been advertised in the publications, “The Christian Chronicle,” and “Christianity Today.” I have a new novel coming out soon on the life of the Apostle Philip.

            I am seeking opportunities to speak to all kinds of groups, including Bible Study Groups, Colleges. Churches (regardless of Denomination) and any other opportunities. I am willing to meet with Ministers and Pastors to discuss this. This is not for my ego or self-edification. I humbly approach this task. I am not a person who thinks he has all of the answers, but I do believe God has called me to write and talk about this subject. This is a work of the heart and soul to serve our Heavenly Master. I feel that many churches have lost touch with the original message of the ‘early church.’

            I do not ask for compensation.  If the distance is far I would ask for an offering to assist with travel expenses and perhaps an opportunity to sell my books. I am at 106 Cynthia Drive, Pleasanton, TX, 78064; mobile 830-200-8744; email hurley6469@gmail.com.

 

           

            Robert L. Hurley

 

 

======================================================





 From the Desk of Robert L. Hurley

 

I am sending you this note about my book in hopes that you will see some value in it to benefit the Christian Church. For many years it has been on my heart that the church is a huge mess, particularly since Constantine created government interference with and of the church.

 

The division and strife (including outright persecution and death) created by mankind adding forced rules and interpretation on believers, has caused horrendous damage to the church until we hardly recognize it. I cast this aspersion on ALL church divisions, bar none. There have been flashes of great inspiration in many church creations, but invariably mankind ruins it.

 

That is what this book is about. How to reconcile all mankind to the “One Divine Church of our Lord Jesus Christ.” I have done my best to conform to APA7 literary standards.

 

It is NOT about the recent years of the “new Christian right.” That has and is being written about extensively over the last few years. I think the “new Christian Right” is more about remaking the nation (USA) into a “Christian Nation” (my italics).

 

I do not support any philosophy that allows the government to intervene in Church activities and much of my book is about that history such as ‘witch hangings” and the “burning of opposing Christians at the stake.” It is a fact that none of that could have occurred without the sanction of a government authorizing punishment, torture, and death by a church entity. I also believe that Christian Churches should avoid, as a general rule, getting involved in politics.

 

I do believe that our government benefits by having Holy Spirit filled Christians in public service.

 

Please advise if you think this has merit, at the minimum, to create discussion. If you are not interested, feel free to give it to someone who might be.

 

I am making myself available to speak publicly at Churches, gatherings, groups, institutions, classrooms and to virtually anyone who will give me a chance to present my discoveries while writing this book. You may give my information to anyone for that purpose.

 

If you are so led, and you read my book, I will be thankful if you would place a positive review on Amazon.

 

FYI I have finished my second book, a novel, about the life of the Apostle Philip, available on Amazon.

 

The link to my book on Amazon is  https://a.co/d/7zWWzsh? ; My email is: hurley6469@gmail.com ; My website is: robertleehurley.com. My blog is accessible from my website.

 

Please be patient with my digital footprint. I am learning.

 

Thank you very much for reading this and considering my publication.

 

Robert L. Hurley

106 Cynthia Drive

Pleasanton, Tx 78064

Mobile: 830-200-8744

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ISAIAH COMMISSION - EXCERPTS FROM ISAIAH

Can We Ever Agree On Baptism?

How Not To Quench the Holy Spirit